Let’s make a difference for Malawi. Run, walk or support our 9th annual Miles for Mothers!
Miles for Mothers is on the move this year to provide access to lifesaving care in one of the world’s most vulnerable communities – Chikwawa District in Malawi.
Join Jhpiego’s 9th Miles for Mothers and “run the world” to bring lifesaving care to vulnerable communities. For 50 years, Jhpiego, a Johns Hopkins University affiliate, has been partnering with friends like you to save lives globally in places with limited health care.
In January 2022, Cyclone Ana caused extensive damage in Chikwawa District in Malawi, severely damaging St. Montfort Hospital and the Majete Health Center, leaving more than 103,000 mothers, fathers and children without access to basic health care services. With no roof, electricity and running water at these health centers, many will die of preventable diseases. Women with obstetric complications during birth or people with life-threatening conditions are being referred to facilities that are over an hour away due to poor road conditions and rough terrain, putting their lives further in danger.
Our goal is to raise $50,000 to help Malawi rebuild the St. Montfort Hospital and the Majete Health Center! Join us by walking, running, donating, or fundraising to reopen the center and reach the thousands of families who depend on it with lifesaving health services!
You’re warmly invited to join our Miles for Mothers Facebook group.
Use these sample posts, photos, ideas and inspiration on how to share your #MilesForMothers journey on social media!
Make sure to tag Jhpiego on Facebook, Twitter AND Instagram.
Use #MilesForMothers and #RunTheWorld on your posts so that we can find them, too!
Remember to include the link to your fundraiser in these sample posts:
- I signed up to do a virtual run/walk with #MilesForMothers the week of October 15th to help raise funds to restore the St. Montfort Hospital and the Majete Health Center in Malawi. Join me: https://bit.ly/MilesForMothers2022
- Are you already walking or running to stay healthy right now? Why not get moving for a cause? Join #MilesForMothers and our 2022 virtual walk/run to restore St. Montfort Hospital and the Majete Health Center in Malawi! https://bit.ly/MilesForMothers2022
- January 2022, Cyclone Ana caused extensive damage in Chikwawa District in Malawi, severely damaging St. Montfort Hospital and the Majete Health Center, leaving more than 103,000 mothers, fathers and children without access to basic health care services. This year, #MileForMothers is on the move to help restore access to health care to this community that has already lost so much. https://bit.ly/MilesForMothers2022
- It’s that time of year again—I’m running/walking/fundraising for #MilesForMothers! This year, we’re on the move to restore not one, but TWO health facilities in Malawi. Last year, Cyclone Ada left more than thousands of families without access to basic health care services and we’re going to change that! https://bit.ly/MilesForMothers2022
- I’m not one to usually run, but I will get moving for a good cause! Join me for #MilesForMothers as we work to restore two health facilities in Malawi that were damaged by a major cyclone last year. https://bit.ly/MilesForMothers2022
- Last year I ran/walked in #MilesForMothers to renovate a hospital in Mozambique. This year, I’m joining the #MilesForMothres movement to help families in Malawi regain access to basic health services by helping renovate TWO health facilities! Join me: https://bit.ly/MilesForMothers2022
- Malawi needs your help with no roof, electricity, and running water at these health centers, many will die of preventable diseases. #Milesformothers
- Given Malawi’s low life expectancy of 64 years and one of the highest maternal mortality rates in the world, the restoration of these health centers is critical to the survival of families in this community. #milesformothers