We’re building an equipped health workforce and resilient health systems in the face of a global pandemic.
As the world responds to the COVID-19, we too have had all hands on deck, working along with the national and more than 15 state governments, to fight this pandemic. By the time the biggest global lockdown started in India, our COVID-19 response strategy was in action. We had three clear objectives: strengthen the knowledge and expertise of frontline health workers to deal with the pandemic and protect their communities; support national and state governments in their requests for COVID-19 response; and, ensure continuation of reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health, as well as other essential services.
What has inspired us throughout these past weeks, are the innumerable brave hearts we have met, each contributing with all their might to the fight against the virus. Their dedication, grit and passion to serve their communities compels us to share their stories with you.
Saving lives, fighting COVID-19
Read the stories.
One key to fighting the pandemic
When Jayanti was left unsure by the onset of COVID-19, a Jhpiego training helped her prepare her facility to continue providing essential services safely.
Maternal health during COVID-19
A timely Jhpiego training helped this doctor safely conduct a delivery for a mother from a COVID-19 quarantine zone.
Alone we can do so little
Join two health leaders from a remote Indian village, galvanizing a team to efficiently respond to the needs of their community amid the pandemic.
Meena Jataw is a frontline health worker who is standing firmly by her community, and being a true friend to pregnant women during this pandemic
Saving lives. Improving health. Transforming futures.
- Read about maternal and newborn health in Udaipur, and the auxiliary nurse midwife helping find solutions in the midst of a pandemic.
- Meet hospital staff in Rajasthan who are reaping the benefits of infection prevention trainings they had received earlier.
- Meet a Jhpiego consultant volunteering his time connecting calls and transporting care to the community during this pandemic.
- Read about this nurse-midwife taking services to a remote community of pregnant and lactating mothers amidst the world’s largest lockdown.
- Learn more about this nurse ensuring handmade masks are available in her community, helping sanitization efforts in the surrounding villages, and involving village leaders in spreading COVID-19 related information.
- Hear from one of Jhpiego’s own staff who is providing timely help to pregnant and laboring women, as part Bikaner’s tele-consultancy panel
- So many people are contributing to India’s pandemic response. Meet tele-counselors like Monica Mishra, who receive emergency calls related to COVID-19 and help communities thrive.